Sunday, January 14, 2018

We’re Number 2!

Apparently a search for "opioid epidemic debunk" on duckduckgo.com turns up a post from my blog as the second hit. By the way, that is by a wide margin my most read post. I'm rather proud of it.

A search for "climate sensitivity publication bias" turns up one of my posts in the fifth position (not counting the ad at the top). Not as well read, but I'm proud of that one, too.

Not exactly viral news, but not bad. These are narrow but important topics. It's nice to know someone researching these topics will come across something I wrote. Supposedly Duck Duck Go doesn't track anything on my computer, so it's not up-rating these posts in the search results just for me. I'm not quite sure what Google would turn up. In a Google search in an incognito window, I'm getting 4th place for "opioid epidemic debunk". For "climate sensitivity publication bias" I'm at the top...of the second page. But the fourth hit is a Ricochet post written by a friend of mine, linking to my blog. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hit are links to the two papers I discuss in my post.

Two cheers for small victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment