Saturday, February 17, 2018

Some Quick Advice


Download a couple of good podcasts that you want to listen to. You’re reading my blog at this moment, right? Surely there is some podcast that’s just as good. Or maybe an audiobook or some talks or lectures on Youtube. Or maybe even some music. Got it? Awesome. Your opportunity cost for doing household chores is now very close to zero. You can wash dishes or clean the cat litter or declutter the surfaces in your home or dust or do laundry or clean bathrooms. Your spouse will appreciate it, and you’ll feel productive. You might even feel good about doing it. I usually end up enjoying the feeling when I’m immersed in a productive task, even something simple like house work. The "switching cost" or "activation energy" (getting started in other words) is sometimes rough, but once something gets started it's not that bad. It doesn't feel like work. Go forth! Sometimes I even take my own advice on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment