Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Gundam Wing - Crude Humor

This will be another attempt at a humorous post that will ruin my credibility when I try to write more serious posts. Warning: crude, potentially offensive, immature humor below the fold.




I never watched a single episode of the anime titled Gundam Wing. If you were hoping for an incisive analysis of the show and its plot-line, you've come to the wrong place. However, if you've come here for dick jokes, you shall be richly rewarded.  Prepare yourself for a double fist-full of treasures.

My brother and I used to chuckle at advertisements for the show Gundam Wing. Cartoon Network had just begun offering various anime selections, and Gundam Wing was one of them. We would imagine a scene in which Japanese business men had just pitched the show to American studio executives.

[Serious looking Japanese executives exit a board room. Red-faced white guys in business suits exit shortly afterwards. Both are trying very hard to stifle a laugh. One turns to the other.]

"Did those gentlemen just pitch a show called 'Condom Wing'?"
"Yes, and I believe it was a children's show."

Then follows a series of jokes about how "this will help Cartoon Network improve its market penetration" and "put the company on the verge of a major breakthrough". This new show will help their network "safely enter a new market niche."

Thank you for enjoying an immature laugh with me. Or, if you're rolling your eyes at my immaturity, thank you for being the reason that this is so fun. The best humor is a little bit illicit and norm-breaking. Maybe it wouldn't be funny if not for the possibility that someone gets annoyed or offended. (For some reason this reminds me of that old zen koan about a tree falling in the woods. And I just heard a gong sound.)

No comments:

Post a Comment